Care Management is an important service for AppleCare members who need a little extra help managing their healthcare. Our Care Management team makes sure that you have all of the support you need to stay healthy and get the care you need!Download in English Download in Spanish
Who we are
Our Case Management team is made up of experienced Nurses and Case Management Assistants:
- Nurses – Registered Nurses (RN) or Licensed Vocational Nurses (LVN) with special training and experience in caring for seniors and members with multiple medical conditions.
- Care Management Assistants – Skilled members of the AppleCare team who can assist you with finding a specialist, making doctor’s appointments, and other needs you may have.
What we do
Your AppleCare Care Management team will work with you, your family and your doctors to develop the Care Plan that supports your medical and social needs. Some of the services we provide include
- Education on disease management and preventive care
- Education on how to take your medications
- Help making doctor’s appointments
- Help getting community resources
- Advanced care planning
Who should enroll for Care Management services?
- Members with complex health care needs or multiple health care issues
- Members that have gone to the hospital or emergency room multiple times recently
- Children with complicated health care issues
- Potential transplant patients (bone marrow, heart, kidney, liver, lung)
- Members who would like extra support managing their health care
How to enroll in Care Management
Call the AppleCare Care Management department at 1 (714) 452-5007, TTY 711, Monday – Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, to enroll.