We encourage our patients to be informed partners with their physicians. Find useful links to help in managing your health.
Health Information Resources
AppleCare Medical Group encourages our patients to partner with their primary care physician in managing their health and health care services. Below are links to useful patient resources.
Advanced Care Directive
Filling out an Advance Care Directive allows you to make your health care wishes known if you are unable to speak for yourself and/or prefer someone else to speak for you.
Patient Bill of Rights
Understand your rights and responsibilities as an AppleCare Medical Group patient. Download PDF
Resources for Common Health Conditions
- WebMD – Good resource for information about most medical conditions.
- American Cancer Society – A comprehensive website to learn more about cancer, cancer research, treatments and support.
- American Heart Association – A comprehensive website to learn more about cardiovascular disease, research, treatments and support.
- American Diabetes Association – Everything you need to know about diabetes and how to live with the disease.
- American Lung Association – Includes a search function to find information about a particular lung disease and a free “state of the air” app you can download.
- National Heart Lung and Blood Institute’s Health Information for the Public – A listing of resources and tools related to heart, lung, and blood diseases.
- Centers for Disease Control – The primary government site for communicating about health issues. It provides users with credible, reliable health information on diseases and conditions, data and statistics, emergencies, environmental health, travelers’ health and more.
- National Institutes of Health – To find out how the Institute’s research is improving our nation’s health, our economy, our communities, and our future.
- The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) – The public website for all you need to know about Medicare and Medicaid, and the various programs that CMS has to improve healthcare quality and cost in America.
- Prepare for your Care – An interactive website that helps you make medical decisions for yourself and others and talk with doctors to find out what medical care is right for you.
AppleCare Medical Group provides this information for educational purposes only. AppleCare Medical Group assumes no responsibility or liability for the accuracy of the information provided by these organizations. Please talk to your doctor about any personal medical issues or health care concerns.